This Saturday, October 14th, Tampa Bay Lighting Community Representative Dave Andreychuk and ThunderBug will team up with Clearwater Firefighters for an important message… be careful in the kitchen. That's because more fires start in the kitchen than any other part of the home. Firefighters will teach families and kids how to keep cooking fires from starting (with the help of a fiery demonstration).
Dave Andreychuk will make a special appearance at Fire Station #49 at 565 Sky Harbor Drive (off Gulf to Bay, next to the Clearwater Mall) at 10 a.m. He will be available for pictures and autographs. Stick around to see ThunderBug from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.
The public is invited to visit any Clearwater Fire Station on Saturday, October 14th from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. Each station will have station tours, special demonstrations, and fun activities for the kids.
Fire Prevention Week runs October 8th - 14th. The focus is on cooking fires, since most fires start in the kitchen. Between 1999-2002, there were an average of 114,000 reported home fires in the U.S. associated with cooking, resulting in 290 deaths and 4,380 injuries. Unattended cooking is the leading cause of cooking fires.
Return to Home Page
Return to Current Edition