December Programs at Dunedin Public Library
Adult Programs - Tuesdays at Two Film Program - All films are shown Tuesdays at 2 p.m. in Community Room A. Horatio Hornblower (A&E 4-part series)
- 12/05 - "The Duel" (1999) 1773. As England prepares for war with France, young Horatio Hornblower reports for duty aboard the battleship Justinian.
- 12/12 - "The Fire Ships" (1999). In the dark days of the Napoleonic War, Horatio Hornblower and the crew of the Indefagitable are put on half rations. But Hornblower is distracted from his hunger by the prospect of a commission.
- 12/19 - "The Duchess and the Devil" (1999). Horatio Hornblower and a force of seven men capture a small French ship, and Hornblower is awarded his first command, sailing the ship to Britain. Traveling with him is a beautiful and intriguing duchess and a vital package of documents bound for the Admiralty.
- 12/27 - "The Wrong War" (1999). After winning his freedom from prison and rejoining the fleet, Horatio Hornblower learns he has been promoted to lieutenant. But news of his next mission is not as welcome, for the Indefagitable will be transporting a small force of French Royalists on a desperate plot to invade Brittany.
Special Progams -
12/05 at 7 p.m. - Suppressed I Rise: A Woman's Struggle Through WWII. - Ursula and Hans Bracker will present Adeline L. Perry's Book Supressed I Rise: A Woman's Struggle Through WWII. The book lends insight into what it was like being trapped in Germany during the war with no options but to survive or perish. Ursula, Adeline Perry's daughter, and Hans Bracker will read from this book, discuss WWII, and talk about self-publishing.
Genealogy Assistance - The Caladesi Chapter of the DAR will assist you every Thursday from 1-3 p.m. in study room 4.
Computer Classes - All classes meet in Community Room A. Classes are in lecture form with demonstrations. They meet Tuesdays and Thursday at 11 a.m., and Wednesdays at 7 p.m. Call 298-3080, ext. 253 for more information.
- 12/01 6-10 p.m. - Old Fashioned Christmas - Downtown Dunedin/Broadway special city event. There will be music, old-fashioned crafts, toys from the past, train rides, and lots of food. The Library will be telling stories at the Chamber of Commerce. Stop by and visit for some stories from the past.
- 12/04 at 6:30 p.m. - Teen Jingle & Mingle Bash- An evening of food and fun. Make some great crafts you can use as holiday gifts. Ages 12 and up. Registration required.
- 12/05 at 2 p.m. - Positively Preschoolers - Ages 4-5 Songs, stories, crafts and fingerplays.
- 12/06 at 10 a.m. - Baby & Me - Birth - 18 months
- 10:30 a.m. - Toddler Time - 18 - 36 months
- 12/07 at 10 a.m. - Intergenerational Week Special Storytime - Meet at the Neighborly Care Adult Day Care Center on 820 New York Ave., in Dunedin for a special storytelling with our senior friends. Stop by the youth area for directions and info.
- 12/08 at 9:30 a.m. - Giggles, Goodies & Goodtimes with Grandma & Grandpa - A special morning with your favorite older person., Eat breakfast, sing songs, and enjoy a special performance from Santa and Mrs. Claus. Registration required.
- 12/10 from 1-4:30 p.m. - Sunday Fun Days - Stop in the Youth Department for a special make and take craft. This month's theme is Happy Holidays.
- 12/12 at 2 p.m. - Positively Preschoolers - Ages 4-5. Songs, stories, crafts & fingerplays.
- 6:30 p.m. - Family Fun Night: Ornament Extravaganza. Get ready for a night full of holiday crafts. Make several ornaments for yourself or gifts. Ages 5-12. Registration required.
- 12/13 at 10 a.m. - Baby & Me - Birth - 18 months
- 10:30 a.m. - Toddler time - 18 - 36 months
- 12/14 at 10:30 a.m. - Preschool Storytime - 3 - 5 years.
- 12/15 at 10:30 a.m. - Fairy Godmother Storytime - CeCe, the Wise Godmother of all the Fairies will be here! Everyone, wear your fairy clothes or come as you are. You will be entertained with music and reading from The Adventures of Alexandra. Bring your cameras so you can take pictures with CeCe. Ages 2 - 5. Registration required.
- 12/21 at 4 p.m. - Chess Club - Open to all ages and skill levels
- 12/22 - Winter Reading Club Starts - See how much you can read over the winter break!
- 12/28 at 2 p.m. - Use Your Noodle - Brainteasers and pasta art. Ages 5 - 12. Registration required.
Outreach Services - If you or someone you know is homebound and would like monthly deliveries of library materials (books and/or cassette/CD books), call the Outreach Department at 298-3080.
- Mon., Tues, Wed. - 9:30 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Thurs. & Fri. - 9:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Sat. - 9:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Sun. - 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Return to Home Page
Return to Current Edition