Dedication of Domestic Violence Shelter to Honor Director's Legacy
Return to Home Page
CLEARWATER - The Haven of RCS, the domestic violence center serving North Pinellas County, will be dedicating the emergency shelter to retiring Executive Director Linda Amidei at a cocktail reception at Clearwater Country Club, 525 North Betty Lane, on March 30th, from 5 -7 p.m. The new name will be the Linda Amidei Shelter for Survivors of Domestic Violence
- Linda Amidei has served as The Haven of RCS Executive Director for 14.5 years, joining the team in December of 1992.
- The shelter for abused women and children, built in 2001, accommodates 34 beds, advocates' offices, a computer resource room, and commercial grade kitchen and laundry facilities. Also, on site is the 24-hr Hotline call center.
- Religious Community Services (RCS) founded the Haven in 1980. Originally housed in a trailer, the program has grown to include an Outreach center and Transitional Living Program.
- In 2006, The Haven of RCS served over 17,000 individuals.
- The shelter is in a non-disclosed location due to safety issues.
Anyone wishing to make a donation in tribute to Linda's legacy may contact RCS at (727) 584-3528 or send a check to RCS, 503 South Martin Luther King Jr. Ave., Clearwater, FL 33756.
Return to Current Edition