IRB Features Historic Homes Tour
Photo by SANDI FAHY
Carol Jean and Freddie Geissler pose for a photo before entering the original Stone House at 105 12th Ave. during the Second Annual Homes Tour of Historic Indian Rocks Beach on March 24. The house, which was built in 1937 by local stonemason George Creel as a residence for his family, was one of eight vintage homes and beach cottages open to the public that day. The property is now owned by Gary Juers and his mother, Charlotte. Calvary Episcopal Church, born as a mission in 1954, was also included in the tour, which was sponsored by the Indian Rocks Historical Museum and City of Indian Rocks Beach. The committee charged with organizing this year's event was composed of Wayne Ayers (chairman), Nancy Ayers, Shera Bie, Mary Rose Holmes, Carol McGlaughlin, Patti Muneio, Jan Ockunzzi, Helen Tilston and Donna Valery.
Return to Home Page
Return to Current Edition