Return to Home Page
Facts About Reclaimed Water in the District
Southwest Florida Water Management District Funding Statistics:
- 275 - Reuse projects cooperatively funded by the District since 1987
- $240 million - Reuse grant funding since 1987
- 227 million gallons per day (mgd) - Capacity of funded projects
- 160 mgd - Daily use
- 858 - Miles of reuse mains
- $377 million - Alternative water supply grant funding since 1998
Reclaimed water use in the District (2005):
- More than 45 percent (159 mgd) of wastewater in our area is reused.
- Six local power plants use reclaimed water as cooling water.
- More than 160 area golf courses irrigate with reclaimed water.
- Almost 9,000 acres of mostly citrus crops are irrigated with reclaimed water.
- About 78,000 residential customers in our area irrigate with reclaimed water.
For more information about water reuse or reclaimed water, visit the District's Web site at www.WaterMatters.org/conservation/reclaimed/
Return to Current Edition