Return to Home Page
City of Largo Employees Bring Holiday Cheer to Troops Serving in Iraq
Through the generosity of City of Largo employees, they were able to bring a little holiday joy to our troops serving in Iraq. Their contributions will:
- Provide 2700 minutes of free calling time home to the states through pre-paid calling cards.
- Provide enough toothpaste, toothbrushes, soap, foot powder, lip balm, women's Bic razors, hand lotion, wash clothes, towels, shampoo and soap to keep hundreds of soldiers clean and comfortable.
- Provide over 300 hours of DVD movies, board games and crossword puzzles to break the monotony and homesickness of men and women in an inhospitable environment thousands of miles from home.
- Cookies, candy, gum, and other comfort food.
- Enough batteries to light the way to the latrine for several thousand hours.
- And more than anything, just the thought that the folks back home are thinking about them and the enormous sacrifice they are making for us during this coming holiday season.
Some may think all these items are provided for by the government. They are not.
Return to Current Edition