It's Good to be a Baby Boomer
By: Donna Malloy
By the year 2011, the number of American's over 50 years old will surpass the 100 million mark. The 50+ population currently spends $2.1 trillion per year and owns 77 percent of all financial assets in the United States. Here are 10 more reasons why it’s good to be part of this powerful group:
1. People believe you now when you say "I forgot….." whatever it is you forgot.
2. You can now tell your elderly parents what really happened that night and have a good laugh.
3. If you're nearsighted, your eyes will improve with age. (According to my optometrist)
4. You no longer have to feel guilty about reading a book in bed until 2 p.m. in the afternoon.
5. You now have time to do all those things you thought you wanted to do when you were too busy working; like writing a book or learning to play the piano.
6. Your grey hair is sexy; a la Paul Newman and Linda Evans.
7. Your weekly food bill is less.
8. With new information, you have the confidence to change your mind. (This one also works if you forgot what your original opinion was.)
9. You're no longer a slave to fashion; you've had all those years to develop your own style.
10. If Keith Richards, from the Rolling Stones, can make it into his 60's, you can live to be 100!
Return to Current Edition