Santa Claus Visited Save the Biltmore Preservationist Tree
The Save the Biltmore Preservationist seven foot Christmas tree combines the old with the new. The Belleview Biltmore Hotel opened during the Victorian era in 1897, and a popular Christmas decoration at that time was the beautiful cone-shaped ornament, the cornucopia. The Save the Biltmore hand-crafted cornucopias included decorations of pine cones, silver and gold leaves, miniature craft pearls, apples, pears, gold and silver-coated nuts, foil, ribbon, and other Christmas decorations. Half of their ornaments are adorned in the center with a photo representation of their nonprofit's Belleview Biltmore 14 karat gold jewelry charm to represent the "charm of the Belleview Biltmore." The top of their tree has larger gold printed images of their charm, and you can see the hotel's distinctive chimney stacks. It took the organization approximately 65 hours to make and decorate the cornucopias and tree topper. The tree was on view at the Festival of Trees show at Westfield/Countryside Mall sponsored by the UPARC Foundation show the end of November.
Return to Current Edition