Return to Home Page
Email to the Clearwater Mayor and City Council
Reasons for keeping the Beach Pool, Beach Library, and tennis courts:
In my city "Everybody counts or Nobody counts".
- Surrounded by water, our beach children must learn to swim.
- Children's Summer Camp recreational swim.
- It is ideal for adult lap swimming. (Swimming is not a stressful weight bearing exercise).
- We have purchased Rec. cards, parking permits, and have paid taxes since 1955.
- Some motels need the swimming pool, library, and tennis courts to attract tourists.
- It tells the visitors that Clearwater Beach is a fun place to be.
- The tennis courts are very busy in the cooler parts of the year.
- The pool provides summer employment for local college students.
- The Beach Library has access to all the books in the region.
- The Beach Library has gotten me books from Tampa and Pasco County.
- A phone call to the Beach Library will get you any book in the region.
- We are in walking distance to all three.
- The library has children's books and programs.
- The library, recreation center and, pool are the focal points of our beach community.
- The library has computers to use and to receive lessons on and they are very active.
- Tourists use them to e-mail other potential tourists up north.
- We have friends from Canada, Germany, France, and Brazil who use our Beach Library.
- When remodeling the Rec. Center the city forgot to include the children's activity room.
Clearwater Beach has three very important assets: The Beach, the Branch Library, and the Recreation Center. If you want Clearwater Beach to prosper, you must properly maintain all three. Why are you trying to completely ruin our community? We can hear that loud sucking sound. You are trying to suck the life out of our Beach Community?
Mr. and Mrs. Charles F. Shank
Return to Current Edition