Return to Home Page
Email to the Largo Mayor and Commission
Mayor and City Commission,
Commissioner Holmes suggested that an e-mail be sent to the Commission to confirm the direction that staff believes was provided at the Budget Work Session last night. Below is the direction that staff believes was provided in preparation for the 1st Public Hearing of the budget adoption.
- Fund in the FY 2011 Budget
- Nature Center at McGough Nature Park
- Advisory Board Appreciation Dinner
- New sign at the Largo Golf Course ($50,000 from the LOST Fund)
- Subsidize the Golf Course-also direct staff to look into other management options and monitor the revenue closely and give a revenue update mid-year
- Continue to subsidize the Largo Cultural Center
- Direction given to re-examine the proposal to delete both the Grant Writer and Records Technician position and add a Grants & Records Administrator position, which will also be supplemented by .7 FTE of an operational secretary, while also providing some secretarial support to the Finance Department (.3 FTE) as a result of the proposal to delete the Executive Secretary position in Finance.
Do not fund in the FY 2011 Budget
- Publix Gift Cards (all but one for Secretary to Mayor & Commission) within the Legislative Department Budget
- A bingo program at the New Community Center (projected to generate revenue)
Items having no budget impact
- Charge a portion of the Asst. to the City Manager Position to the Communications & Marketing Program
Please confirm this direction regarding the Proposed FY 2011 Budget.
We will be happy to address any questions,
OMB Manager Amy Davis has provided the following confirmation of Commission direction on the proposed FY 2011 budget.
City of Largo
Return to Current Edition