LARGO – The 35th annual Country Jubilee, hosted by the Pinellas County's Heritage Village, is bringing a variety of musical talents and sounds, ranging Irish and American folk rock to soundscape inspired by nature.
The event is Saturday, Oct. 26, starting at 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. In addition to the diverse music entertainment, a giant flea market with handmade holiday crafts, paintings, jewelry, stained glass and wooden treasures are among the offerings as well as a book sale, tours of historical homes, and demonstrations of traditional crafts.
Musical artists include:
- Local country and bluegrass artist Charlie Morris is a singer-songwriter and guitarist from St. Petersburg. He plays original roots music that draws on a range of styles, from folk to bluegrass to blues. His sophisticated guitar artistry complements the stories he tells with his songs.
- Evergreen plays Irish, English and Scottish folk songs. The three-piece band has guitar, flute, mandolin, penny whistles and vocals. Evergreen has played at a number of folk festivals and at pubs in the Tampa Bay area. All band members are originally from Liverpool, England.
- Singers-songwriters Leigh and Steve Humes have been performing together throughout Florida for more than 20 years.
- Key of Life creates soundscapes inspired by nature. They blend a variety of world instruments with eclectic improvisations.
- The Rose Island Band plays electric Americana and folk rock music. The four-person band plays acoustic guitar, electric guitar, keyboards/bass and drums while singing three-part harmonies. The band is comprised of a mix of ages and genders and is popular with all age groups.
- Kevin Bittle and Dave Lau of Dynamic Duo met two years ago while buying Fender Telecaster B-Bender. Since then, this duo has performed over 100 times at more than 40 venues. With a set list database of more than 300 songs, they will perform their original music.
This year's Country Jubilee is sponsored by the Pinellas County Historical Society and all proceeds will go to support the operation of Heritage Village. The Heritage Village is located at 11909 125th St. N. in Largo. Free event parking and shuttle service are located at 119th Street between Ulmerton and Walsingham roads. A $2 per person donation is suggested.
For more information on Heritage Village, visit www.pinellascounty.org/heritage or call (727) 582-2123.