CLEARWATER – The Gulf coast city will once again welcome nearly 1,000 triathletes this weekend for the TriRock Clearwater Triathlon race on Sunday, attracting thousands of spectators to cheer them on.
The Sunday race will feature sprint and intermediate distance events. The triathlon begins and ends at Pier 60.The course boasts a single loop, warm water swim in the Gulf of Mexico, followed by a flat single loop bike course. The bike course will take athletes through downtown Clearwater and the northeast area of the city before heading circling through the town of Belleair, crossing the Belleair Causeway to Belleair Beach and Sand key before returning to Pier 60.
Drivers are encouraged to adjust travel time within and around the race course. Here's a list of road closures, which are subject to change:
• Chestnut St and Fort Harrison between approximately 7 a.m. – 8:45 a.m.
• S. Ft. Harrison and Court Street between approximately 7 a.m. – 8:45 a.m.
• Hercules and Sunset Pt between approximately 7:30 a.m. – 9 a.m.
• Drew and MLK between approximately 7:45 a.m. – 9:45 a.m.
• Court and MLK between approximately 7:45 a.m. – 9:45 a.m.
• S. Ft. Harrison and Druid Rd between approximately 7:45 a.m. – 9:45 a.m.
• Coronado Drive and Coronado Drive between approximately 8 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
Local residents are welcome to visit the free expo that will be held on Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. at the Pier 60.
For more information, visit TriRockSeries.com.